Sunday

Just Jump


Just Jump
(posted for the A to Z Challenge)

J is for Jumping.

Just Jump!

Classic novelist William Faulkner said this about equestrian jumping:

"There is something about jumping a horse over a fence, something that makes you feel good. Perhaps it is the risk, the gamble. In any event it's a thing I need."

Personally, I used to enjoy a bit of jumping. Lately, however, I haven’t practiced much jumping, primarily for health reasons that upset my equilibrium. But the thought brings back some fun memories.

And my kids love to jump our horses over X’s, fences and more.

Do you agree?

Do you love to jump? Does your horse enjoy leaping over obstacles? Do you jump your horse in an arena, or do you prefer cross-country? 

Image:
Jumping the Gate
By James Seymour
18th Century
Public Domain


Related Items:


Add to Technorati Favorites

3 comments:

  1. Nope, no jumping for this old lady. The only jumping I ever did was for jump rope or hopscotch. I liked my mount with at least one of four hooves on the ground at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fellow horse lover and having grown up owning a horse, I loved every minute of it. I did not do any jumping with mine, but he was my best friend and I miss him. What a great blog!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your blog is dedicated to horsies :) I don't ride or anything but I do love the creatures from afar! :D

    One of my aunts owns and trains horses.

    ReplyDelete