Thursday

Overalls: Outstanding or Over?



Overalls have been farm fashion staples for generations. But these bibbed garments have come and gone and come and gone many times for off-the-farm wear.

We’re not talking about winter bibs, such as Carhartt Quilted Insulated Winter Overalls. These are the denim bibs that come in solids and stripes.

From Oshkosh to Oakland, Ocala to Old El Paso, overalls are de rigueur for farm work.

Some folks even wear overall shorts, which are usually hemmed, rolled, or fringed. Technically, those might be called shortalls.

Gotta admit it: I've been known (over the years) to pull on a set of baggy overalls atop my white full-seat dressage breeches at a horse show or two.

Here are a few current choices for overalls, including options for men, women and kids:




Are overalls back in style? Or are they simply functional for farm wear?

Opine below on overalls!

The Mane Point: A Haven for Horse Lovers is participating in the April A to Z Blogging Challenge again this year. Stop on back, so you don’t miss a single post!

Image/s:
Oshkosh Teddy Bear product photo 
 fair use
Blog series graphics 
created by this user

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with OshKosh by gosh overalls! I haven't worn overalls since my 20's when it was hip. I'm hoping the fad will come back soon - so comfy!

    Visiting from A-Z Blogging Challenge,
    Sue
    http://www.door2lore.com/3/post/2014/04/oddominousordinary-objects.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what it is, but I've never in my life wanted to wear overalls, even as a kid. I like my tops and bottoms totally separate, haha!

    Random Musings from the KristenHead — O is for Opposite Brain (and Opal)

    ReplyDelete